2015/03/18

I am a numpty

So, with a new bike comes new interesting features.
One of the things that I got with the XJ6 was Oxford Hotgrips - brilliant for the colder days. Unfortunately, they're wired straight to the battery, with no auto-off.

Can you see where this is going?
Well, ha! You're wrong.

Although, probably very close.
Instead it was another feature of the XJ6 that caused me to completely drain my battery dry.
That feature is...
the parking light.

What insane person throught that the parking light rotation on the key should be the one further along than the steering lock? I mean, seriously!
You put the steering lock on, and you're going to be away from your bike for some period of time, most likely.
What numpty thought it was a good idea?

Anyway.
I came back to my bike, after ~9 hours and the battery was deader than a really dead thing. Instrument panel showed no life whatsoever.

This meant I had to get the AA out to come and give me a jump start. [No, not alcoholics anonymous...]. Had the engine running for about 40 minutes in total, hoping that would be enough to charge it; and my initial check at the end of the day seemed to indicate it was.

Except it wasn't.
While the instrument panel came to life this time, there just wasn't enough juice to start the engine.

Today's morning commute to work was brought to you by my YBR125.
It showed to me just how much snappier the XJ6 is in comparison, in almost every way. More responsive brakes, clutch, gears, everything!

I'm going to see if I have the ability to bump start the bike when I get home.
Taking odds that I dump the clutch and drop it?

No comments:

Post a Comment